Thank you for your interest in submitting your manuscript for publication. We are currently accepting submission for all of our imprints. It is very important that your manuscript fits our submission guidelines, so please read the following very carefully.
Fisher King Enterprises LLC publishes books under the Fisher King Press imprint, the il piccolo editions imprint, and the Genoa House imprint.
Under the Fisher King Press imprint, we publish the work of certified Jungian analysts relating to the study of Jungian theory, analytical depth psychology, myth, archetypal symbolism, eco-psychology, and dreams. We favor manuscript of 40,000 – 60,000 words in length. One must be a certified Jungian analyst to be published under the Fisher King Press imprint.
Under the il piccolo editions imprint, we publish poetry, art therapy, and creativity books of 40,000 words or less in length. One does not need to be a certified Jungian analyst to be published under the il piccolo editions imprint.
Under the Genoa House we publish fiction, memoirs, psychology, self-help, spirituality, and other genres. One does not need to be a certified Jungian analyst to be published under or Genoa House imprint.
Before sending a query, carefully review the following guidelines:
BOOK SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
We do not consider proposals with a view to turning them into books, nor do we consider theses, dissertations, essays, individual chapters, or proposals with a view to turning them into books.
We make decisions only on completed and professionally edited manuscripts. (If you need an editor, we can refer you to a professional.) Rarely do we make recommendations as to content. The manuscript should be prepared using the standard Fisher King Press Guidelines. Good quality black and white copies of figures, photos and illustrations, should be provided as separate files – not embedded within the text. We do not print in color (except for the cover). For a clear understanding of our submissions requirements, download the Fisher King Press Manuscript Preparation Guidelines.
- For Fisher King Press titles, we favor manuscripts between 40–60,000 words in length. For il piccolo editions we favor manuscripts that do not exceed 40,000 words in length
- References should be included as Footnotes in accordance with the “Humanities style” as described in the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition. example: 1. Wendy Doniger, Splitting the Difference (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1999), 65. (The use of ‘Ibid.’ or ‘Op. cit.’ is not acceptable.)
- A Bibliography should be provided in accordance with the “Humanities style” as described in the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition. example: Doniger, Wendy. Splitting the Difference. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1999.
If your manuscript is accepted:
- It is the author’s responsibility to contract with iWigWam to provide printer ready cover and interior files according to Fisher King Press specifications. iWigWam has produced a great number of Fisher King Press publications and they have these specifications on file. The fee for preparing these files vary according to editorial requirements, for example: word count, editing (if required), proofreading, manuscript formatting (if required), indexing (if desired), interior image count, obtaining cover artwork, author modifications/alterations after the book has been typeset . . . iWigWam will provide a quote to complete a particular publication once they have received all of the required files and documentation to complete the job of preparing your book for publication in both printed and eBook editions.
- It is the author’s responsibility to secure permission to use substantial material from other copyrighted works (except for “fair use”—see The Chicago Manual of Style for guidelines). Permissions include endorsements and images supplied as potential cover art.
- We contract to pay a royalty of 10% of the actual selling price on each copy sold, less taxes, shipping, and returns.
- We also pay a bonus if a title sells 2,500 copies within 5 years of the original publication date.
- We do not make advance payments on contracts.
To have your manuscript considered — READ VERY CAREFULLY — provide the following in the body of an email:
- A brief description of your manuscript, a paragraph that will be used on the back cover of your book – should not exceed 250 words.
- Your author bio for the back cover of the book – should not exceed 150 words.
- The table of contents.
- The total word count of the entire manuscript. (Word Count, NOT Page Count.)
- Name and contact information of your professional editor (this would not be a friend who has proofread your manuscript, nor would it be a retired english teacher). If you need a professional editor, we can offer recommendations, for example – iWigWam.
- Brief author résumé with contact information.
- Attach your fully edited and formatted manuscript as a word doc file (without embedded images) and send to email@example.com
IMPORTANT: DO NOT send a query without the above 7 items. Queries lacking these 7 basic items will be discarded without consideration. DO NOT send a printed manuscript by post or courier – printed queries are not considered and will be discarded.
Once we have received your information, we will be in contact with you.
Be sure that your manuscript has been prepared and formatted according to the Fisher King Press manuscript submission guidelines. If your submission is incomplete, has not been properly edited, and/or does not meet the manuscript submissions criteria, it will not be forwarded to our review committee for consideration.